We will endeavor to make sure our policies and practices in relation to the collection, use, retention, transfer and access of personal data (as defined in the ordinance) supplied by you comply with the requirements of the personal data (privacy) ordinance (cap. 486, the laws of Hong Kong) (the “ordinance”).
Purpose Of Collection Of Personal Data
In the course of using the sites, and submitting request forms, users may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and/or data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy various services offered by the sites, it may be necessary for users to provide the company with their personal information and/or data. Although users are not obliged to provide the information and/or data as requested on the sites, the company will not be able to render certain services in the event that users fail to do so.
Our purposes for collecting information and data on the sites include but not limited to the following:
- For registering, operating or maintaining your account with us,
- To facilitate and follow up your online transactions with us, including but not limited to processing of any payment instructions,
- To contact you with Exclusive Venue newsletters, marketing or promotional information and to provide you service notifications,
- To identify users who have posted advertisements, materials, messages, photos, views or comments or such other information (collectively “information”) on the sites,
- To identify users who have viewed the information posted on the sites,
- To identify users who have enjoyed their benefits as members of the sites by receiving and using marketing and promotional materials,
- To provide users with a platform and forum for posting photos, sharing and discussing their insights in respect of services or products related to food and beverage,
- To allow members of the sites to enjoy their benefits as members by enrolling for special events hosted by the company and/or its affiliates,
- To design and provide products and services to users in relation to the above purposes,
- To compile aggregate statistics about the users and to analyze the sites and service usage for the company’s internal use and To facilitate the company and/or its affiliates to use the users’ personal data for purposes relating to the provision of services offered by the company and marketing services, special events and/or promotions of the company, its affiliates and/or their respective clients,
- Personally Identifiable Information – Collection of PII That We Collect We collect personally identifiable information (‘PII’) that is volunteered during requests or in response to specific information requests explicitly presented to you,
- We may also collect your IP (internet protocol) address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer this website. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you use the internet. Your IP address is also used to help identify you during a particular session and to gather broad demographic data,
- We may ask for your e-mail address during your form submissions. Also, to enter a transaction you may be requested to provide some of the PII: first and last name, postal address, e-mail address, date of birth, telephone number.
Retention Of Personal Data
Once the company has obtained a user’s personal information and/or data, it will be maintained securely in the company’s system. Subject to legal requirements, the personal information and/or data of users will be retained by the company after deactivation of the relevant service until the user requests the company in writing to erase his/her own personal information and/or data from the company’s database or to terminate his/her membership of the sites.
Cookies And Log Files
The company does not collect any personally identifiable information from any users whilst they visit and browse the sites, save and except where such information of the users is expressly requested. When users access the sites, the company records their visits only and do not collect their personal information or data. The sites’ server software will also record the domain name server address and track the pages the users visit and store such information in “cookies”, and gather and store information like internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data in log files. All these are done without the users being aware that they are occurring.
The company does not link the information and data automatically collected in the above manner to any personally identifiable information. The company generally uses such automatically collected information and data to estimate the audience size of the sites, gauge the popularity of various parts of the sites, track users’ movements and number of entries in the company’s promotional activities and special events, measure users’ traffic patterns and administer the sites. Such automatically collected information and data will not be disclosed save and except in accordance with the paragraph 7 entitled “Sharing Your Personal Data”.
Links To Other Websites
The sites may provide links to other websites which are not owned or controlled by the company. Personal information and data from users may be collected on these other websites when users visit such websites and make use of the services provided therein. Where and when users decide to click on any advertisement or hyperlink on the sites which grants users access to another website, the protection of users’ personal information and data which are deemed to be private and confidential may be exposed in these other websites.
Protecting Your Personal Data
To prevent unauthorized access, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic and organizational procedures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure or access.
Sharing Your Personal Data
Exclusive Venue may share your personal data with third parties we employ to perform services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, to market our products and services, also on websites of such third parties, to handle credit card transactions and to otherwise provide you with customer service. All such third parties will be under an obligation to maintain the security and confidentiality of the personal data, and to process the personal data only in accordance with our instructions.
Exclusive Venue may, in compliance with applicable law, disclose personal data to protect ourselves against liability, to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, legitimate requests by law enforcement officials, or as otherwise required or necessary in order to comply with applicable law, or to the purchasers in connection with any sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or a part of our business or company. We may also, in compliance with applicable law, disclose personal data to enforce or apply the terms and conditions applicable to our products and services or to protect the rights, property or safety of Exclusive Venue, our users or others.
In the situations described above, the recipient of the personal data may be located in a jurisdiction that may not provide an equivalent level of data protection to the laws in your home jurisdiction.